Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

My Bluecare Friends

Monday afternoons are a real treat for me as I go visit my friends at Bluecare. I teach them how to make simple cards and I am always thrilled when some of the older ones master a new technique. I have been away for a while with some doctors visits and a big birthday holiday so it was a great catch up today. I also have a new lady who couldn't thank me enough at the end of the class.

If you are retired and have a few spare hours, you might like to think about volunteering at your local Bluecare or other aged facilities. You will be surprised and thrilled at how much these people respond to a challenge.  I have been doing this for several years now and I believe I get more out of it than the residents.

 My oldest resident is very proud of the fact that he can now master the Snail adhesive. Yes I did say "he", this lovely man is 98 now and quite frail, but he still manages to glue his own cards as well as stamp and punch.




When I first started, I used to prepare most of the cards for them, giving them an easy task of just gluing and maybe tying a bow. How wrong I was. I soon realised, they needed more than this. These people were quite capable if given the chance. They love a challenge, sometimes I take my Big Shot in and they grind away cutting out shapes for their cards or using the embossing folder.

This is one of the cards we made today. Pretty simple, as it was me that needed to get back into the swing of things, after being away for a bit.


Cards for Bluecare


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...