Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Loving the Big Shot

The Big Shot is such a great machine. I find I am using it more and more with my projects. Gosh and to think that I once said I would never need this machine.
I was asked by a friend to make a book for her sons 21st birthday. She wanted something that all the guests could sign. I had forgotten that I took photos of this book until I downloaded my camera today. So pleased I did as it is always good to look back on what projects one does.
So here are the pics and a description on the pages......

I used some very thick craft board that I had put away "Just in Case" I could use it one day. I glued Very Vanilla card to both sides of it and then ran it through the big shot with the Scallop  Square die. I found a Celtic type cross online, so printed it off and cut it out so that I could make a mask. I sponged randomly over the page, spritzed all over, then removed the mask and spritzed a little more. I then covered it all in Versamark and clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.
For the back I prepared it the same way but instead of the Celtric Cross I cut out a 21 and stamped some keys.

All the other pages were covered with DSP. I cut out a frame from the now retired Beau Chateau DSP.
I made secret pockets and lots of tags that could be written on. The other DSP I used was the Neutrals Pattern Designer Series.
All the edges of the pages were sponged and then the pages were held together with rings.
I decorated the rings with bits of ribbon, string and a key. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Love your attention to detail Zena! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...