Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

My ladies with brayered background

Now for a couple of ladies.  I found this great calendar with heaps of Art Deco style ladies. So that was my inspiration for this first card.

The background was done in sections as I wanted a night sky, water and land.
The sky was brayered in layers starting from the lightest to the darkest.
The water was done by wrapping fine cotton around the brayer and then loading with ink. I ran it off on scrap paper to make it less intense. I made a few squiggles with white gel pen to make it look like ripples on the water.
The land was brayered in layers the same as the sky but using the earthy colours.
The bridge is the Scallop Trim Border punch which I snipped into at each scallop.

The next card was very simple. The background was created by brayering bubble wrap and then laying the gloss card on top. I put scrap paper over and then brayered over. My lady was drawn with a fine black permanent marker on to yellow tinted acetate. I then cut it out and pasted it on to the card.  See as I said simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...