Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another reason why I love Stampin Up

The other night I found yet another reason why I love Stampin Up. Everything coordinates. The card stock, the inks, the ribbons, the brads. It just makes things so easy.

The other night I had a friend over to have a play in my art room. She wanted to make a special 50th birthday card. She had heaps of card of her own but it was not Stampin Up card so nothing really coordinated very well.  I asked her what she had in mind. She wanted a cake that had a 50 on the top and kinda exploded with stars.  I drew up some designs for her and she tried various ways of getting things to look nice. By the end of the night she had tried various combinations but nothing quite worked. She had so desperately wanted to use her own card but realised that maybe using coordinating products would have helped.

Once she left I got out my card and worked on the designs I had suggested to her. I changed the cake to a stack of parcels and put it on the inside of the card instead of the front. I created a Pop-up with the parcels and a 40 (my dear SIL is turning 40 ) on the top with scrolls* coming out of the top parcel.
I added some pennants to the top to make it look like a celebration and looped them through linen thread. The front I used the same Pool Party card stock then layered  Attic Boutique DSP from the Autumn Winter mini catalogue. I stamped the cute little Seal from Under the Big Top stamp set on page 33 and coloured it with the Aqua painters.  Cut it out with the large oval punch and mounted it on a Soft Suede, Designer Frame found on page 157 which I then distressed. Stamping "Happy Birthday (to you)" also from the Under the Big Top stamp set, on the bottom to complete the card.
All of this went together so easily as everything coordinated. Just another reason why I love Stampin Up.

* Scrolls were created using my 1 3/4 inch circle punch and then cutting round and round like you were peeling an apple or orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...