Search This Blog

Would you like to join Stampin' Up!® - Come join my team, get discounts and make new friends. As long as you are in Australia you can join my team.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Love from China

My wonderful cousin Penny who lives in China is back for a holiday. She always brings me some lovely goodies and this time she excelled herself.

I am now the owner of some beautiful fabrics. Penny wanted to buy 6inch strips so that I could use them for my crafting and cards. Nobody would help her out but one shop decided to sell her 1/2 metre of each with the promise that I would make something to show what I do.


I decided on a scrapbook page as I thought it could be framed. I traced this cute girl out of a magazine and then found some thank you text on the net. I copied the text several times into a Word document, changed the font, then printed it out. I then rubbed over the page using my paint dauber and Crumb Cake ink. Cut out my girl and then dressed her in the fabrics.
The flowers I cut from the Fun Flowers Bigz L Die on my wonderful Big Shot. The leaves I punched  from the Bird Builder punch and then glued them following the curve of the design.


The background paper is from retired card stock Le Jardin which used to be one of my favourites. Yes I know what your thinking, "every thing seems to be a favourite."



 I cut a semi circle of the blue fabric and pleated it like the girls skirt and embellished it with a flower.

You may not be able to see the birds from the Carte Postale stamp set as I wanted them to look like a watermark across the page. I stamped them with bashful blue ink.

Also stamped a possum very lightly on a branch. (had to have something Australian.)
I had fun doing this girl so might try a few more, so stay posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love reading comments, so thank you for commenting below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...